Setting up Email on Outlook 2010
- Step 1: On the "File" Ribbon, select info. Then press "+ Add Account"
- Step 2: Select the option to "Manually configure server settings or additional server types".
- Step 3: Select the option "Internet E-mail".
- Step 4: Insert the information according to the email address you have set up in your control panel. Make sure you enter the FULL EMAIL ADDRESS for User Name under Logon Information .
- Step 5: Click on more settings as highlighted in blue above. Click the "Outgoing Server" tab, tick the option "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and select the option "Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Step 6: If you have a 3G dongle, you may need to configure your 3G device on the "Connection" tab, however you will need to contact your ISP for the correct settings.
- Step 7: On the "Advanced" tab, ensure you change your "Outgoing server (SMTP)" is set to Port 587 and no SSL options are ticked. Then click OK. Microsoft Outlook Menu
- Step 8: You should now be able to successfully test the account as long as the domain has propagated and your hosting account is active. Microsoft Outlook Menu
- Step 9: You have now set up your mail account.
Who's minding your website?
Value for money hosting right here in East Gippsland.
Find out more > > >